Firmingers are employed as Cost Manager on New Stores and Store Refurbishments throughout the UK.
Firmingers have been acting for Boots for more than 50 years and have delivered many hundreds of projects nationwide including the Republic of Ireland. Boots are based in Nottingham and continue to develop new designs and strategies for customers. Boots always try to keep stores open during refits and Firmingers have developed a unique understanding of how to estimate, procure and cost manage projects. Projects can vary from £3k to £5 million but each scheme is treated with the same care. Boots have utilised procurement techniques that ensure good value and good quality while protecting the business.
Firmingers are involved in a number of roll out projects in 2016 / 17 including:
- New Boots stores including
- Leeds Bradford Aiport – Circa £380k
- Handforth Dean – Circa £1.4m
- Firmingers have been actively involved in a number of trial initiatives throughout the year
- Roll out of new cosmetics brands to 100 stores in this year circa £1.8m
- Sales area refits (ongoing programme now in its seventh year) – 184 stores circa £11m
- Opticians (stand alone and implants) – 11 stores circa £2.1m
- Opticians refits – 90 stores circa £7m
- Opticians transfers & relocations – 34 stores circa £2.2m
- Building surveying
- Cost management
- Project management